https://www.quizup.com/
In my post I talked how beautifully designed this app is and I tried to define it's obviously designed features. This week I aim to pin point the vision behind the company that made this app. Right from your first interaction with this game you realize what a great product it is but I think people also realize the why behind this product. The vision behind this product is to connect friends in a competitive environment that also stimulates the brain. People want a way to connect with friends beyond the usual social media, calling, etc. and instead of just creating a fun game, they created another platform for people to interact. People also want apps that feel like games but also require mental awareness and stimulation. This app is free and has very minimal advertising suggesting that this company designed this app not to bring in loads of cash but to connect people.
I agree. I have never played the app "quiz up", but I know it was trending heavy and some of my friends got in heated arguments over it. The fact that this app doesn't attack the user with adds like some other free apps do (words with friends in mind:the free version) probably makes this game that much more appealing. I also agree that people want to be challenged and being able to compete with friends allowing humans to connect also makes the company connect to its clients.
ReplyDeleteGreat observations! This is revealing of the role of competition and hierarchy in our human interactions. A parallel (and obvious) example is first person shooters. Even though they have their roots in single player experiences, multiplayer is now the main pull to new games. Why? Shared competitive experiences.
Delete