In Blog 2 I used the Pandora mobile app (Android device) as an example of an obvious design.
Pandora is a free app in every mobile device app store, including the Apple App Store and Google Play. This is important because they do not make money off of their listeners, but rather advertisements - not a complete maximization on potential capital. Then why does Pandora provide this unique service? On their website they claim: "At Pandora, we have a single mission: To play only music you'll love." This is certainly true, but as an avid user I can attest that Pandora has introduced me to new music on more than one occasion. New genres, new artists are all part of the reason why I keep going back to Pandora. This is all possible because of the Music Genome Project - the hard work of many, many people (more information: http://www.pandora.com/about). I appreciate what Pandora brings to its listeners because as a music lover it has enhanced my life. I believe that is their ultimate goal - to play us music that we love, but also play us music that we may love in order to broaden our musical spectrum's. They want to spread "the value of music" because, like me, they too are music lovers.

No comments:
Post a Comment