Wednesday, February 12, 2014

5-Sikander Ansari

My YouTube design is a split-screen design for computer users. The functionality of this design is that users can watch and search for their next video at the same time (instead of having to open another tab). The left side is where the current video plays, the right side is an option to see YouTube's recommended videos or a fully-functional search option.

Using "The Unnecessary Test" I decided that there were many things I could cut down. I could get rid of the option to see YouTube's recommended videos because they are not entire "necessary". I could also get rid of the YouTube user profile/login option, as well as the comments section. These two features, while add a unique option to YouTube, get away from what YouTube is really all about - to upload and broadcast multimedia videos across the web, easily. These features are not necessary to accomplish YouTube's end goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment