I talked about the Sportscenter app in week two's blog.
I feel like the "why" of this app is to bring people the complete world of sports on their phones while on the go. Any of the stories are available for people to see, for any of your favorite teams that you would want to see. The regular sportscenter show only really covers a few teams and sports, so with the app people can pick and choose anything that they want to see. This being a free app, along with the huge amount of care that the sports world brings, makes this app commonplace on a vast majority of devices. I think the purpose of this app was to bring the news of sportscenter, along with the familiarity of the name, to people trying to stay up to date with the fast changing sports world. ESPN, along with the show sportscenter, are not worried too much about making money off of this app alone, seeing as how the sportscenter brand is a very well known identity.
No comments:
Post a Comment