Monday, February 17, 2014
5 - Sam Sheahan
For Project 3, I thought the "Unnecessary Test" technique would be most useful in helping to eliminate any extra "bells and whistles" in our final project design. What our design was really about was the remodeling of the home screen's "recommended" section and the "add a channel" functionality. The recommended section was completely cluttered and full of random videos that are generally of little interest to our users, so we replaced it with a "popular in your area" section, displaying videos that are popular or having interest from others in your geographic region, and then splitting the recommended videos up by category below it. We also removed some links that led to the same "add channel" page, and consolidated them into one button that yields a popup window with categories of recommended channels to subscribe to. using the "Unnecessary Test." I would most likely rid the design of the "popular in your area" section, which is a nice feature and one that we feel has practical application (especially with social media sharing), but is not the most important part of the solution (namely: adding categories to the recommended videos and removing the clutter). I would also remove the popup window concept when adding a channel. While I would still get rid of the redundant links, redirecting to another page to search for subscriptions is something that people can continue to put up with for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment