Monday, February 3, 2014

3 - Adam Schultheis

Last week I went with the design of Netflix (Non-app version) and explained why it is a simple design

Link - www.netflix.com

Going off what the ted talked based, I cannot tackle the design until I talk about the company. I believe that they founder of this company woke up one day and thought something along the lines of "Why do people have to wait for specific television shows, movies.. etc. to come on tv? Why do people have to sit through annoying television adds?…". This design is telling the user "I am the simplest way to watch television, movies, etc. for your money, so why are you using anything else". The design team could of thought why should we make watching these programs difficult for users when we know how to give them what they want? They compiled an enormous library of programs that users can identify with through titles, characters, actors, and even pictures. Instead of a list names they probably thought why not give them something that their iconic memory can cannot with (pictures). The scroll over information gives users more of an opportunity to understand the program or realize they had made a mistake on a connection. Characters and images are what is going to stand out in a pictures head not a list of titles. It is an obvious design, but most likely a complex process to find out that they can make watching almost every program instantly can be simple for any user.

No comments:

Post a Comment