Monday, February 17, 2014

5-Steve Lawyer

When I was on a YouTube page I noticed all of the categories, such as recommended for you, Popular on YouTube - Worldwide, sports, movies, music, gaming, were organized in rows.  A problem I see with this design is that people can't see any of the videos from sports through gaming without scrolling down the page, so in my sketch I organized the videos in columns with all of the category titles listed at the top of the page  with their most relevant videos underneath, that way when people go to log in, they can get a quick glance of the most popular videos for different topics, without having to search around for a specific type of new video in the Popular on YouTube section.  For project 3, I used the "Unnecessary Test" technique for determining what to take out of the design.  Since a lot of the videos in the Popular on YouTube section would probably fall under one of the other categories, it makes sense to just display them under categories they're relevant to, with the most visited/liked videos at the top of each column, and for videos that don't fall under any of the categories, put them under a miscellaneous title so they can still get exposure on the first page.  With this design, many of the most popular videos will continue to be on the first page and people can filter through videos of their preference much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment