Monday, February 10, 2014

4 Taylor Druhot

The user is not always correct. A lot of the time I think the user is wrong. I think most users want core features of other sites to be combined in the core features of your site. If you set out to design something design it, if you have personas that need something more, you need to look at how broad of an audience your site attracts. If the site is used by many different personas then make your site modular, if it is not then implement those features accordingly.


I do not think the user is ever wrong in wanting features. I do not think designing features that user wants is wrong either. I think where a lot of problems that designers run into when giving the user the features that they want is implementing features into the core design of project. I think good design is modular, and modularity is the best way to give features to the user. Keep the core features that you have following on, that are easy to use, that most users use: then have modular options to implement so the user can have what they want when they get to the point in their user skill of the design. 


Hoekman wants a balance between UCD and ACD. A user's background, hobbies, and all that jazz do not matter if the project is situation based, such as something that is used at a job. I think that is what Hoekman is trying to get at. I think this is a great way to think about personas. 


For project two we could have thought more about what people are doing when they use the machine, not so much about what makes the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment