Monday, March 31, 2014

9-Molly Kilbane


      

      I think that HELP systems are very beneficial for web users.  The concepts of writing error messages help teach the user of incorrect use of the webpage. Designers of the websites must be very careful with the way the word these messages so they don’t discourage or offend web surfers.  There are multiple ways you can format your layout of the page to help the user read the material better. We also learned in class that bullet points are better to catch someone’s attention than paragraphs. I think the help systems are generally pretty helpful on most applications.  I think that the most efficient online HELP is a 24/7 live chat with someone who knows most details on the website, what it entails, and how to troubleshoot it.  I do no think that HELP systems make up for the importance of good design. If a website or application requires constant help it needs to be rethought or updated to avoid users always being helpless when using product. Most good designs are better for users because they are constantly being criticized yielding consistent improvements to prevent user difficulty.  
     When focusing on persona for project 5 it is important to focus on people who enjoy comic strip and superhero film and text. We should keep in mind the individuals name, age, gender and interests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment