Monday, March 10, 2014

8 - Taylor Druhot

I think my biggest take away from this class so far is that is no recipe for success, whether it is doing a project or design. There are tools at our disposal to help us succeed in design and projects but by no means will you always come out with a great finished product. I think we have learned a great deal about how to think about the user (The most important person), with personas and their mental model of the design, and when to use those tools. Also, knowing that a constant revision and drill down of what we are trying to accomplish will put you on the right path.

More importantly I think I have learned a lot more from this class in what not to do. Like we have been taught, we spiral our way to the finish there is no straight path, and knowing where other people have made mistakes and pitfalls helps a lot in knowing what not to do. It is never applying "x" train of thought will make the end product great, it is, this group did not do "x", is what am I trying to do similar? If so I should probably apply "x" train of thought to my approach on my design. Using the pitfalls of others and learning from their mistakes makes us all better.

In all ,I've learned: What needs fixed? Why and who it needs fixed for? Lets fix it! TestTestTestTestTest Did the new design help or harm my users? Lets keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment