Before taking i300, I did not think of myself as a designer at all or that there was a possibility of it happening in the future. I did know some things like usability testing but I did not know too into depth about any of the topics. I have learned so much in this course. I have noticed that I look at the design of most things now and judge if it is a good design or a bad design. If it is a bad design, I try to figure out what I would change about it to make it more user friendly and better in general. I find myself doing this at least once a day. Some of the more common designs I find myself looking at are the design of buildings. I look at the placement of doors, how the doors work, the placement of stairs, the utilization of space and so on. Also, at my job on campus, I had to take apart a couple desktop computers and put them back together. The design of this is actually very good in my opinion. It was easy for me to take it apart because I did not have to use any tools to do so. All the parts come out in some way without having to use tools and this is super easy for anyone to be able to take the machine apart.
I do really like this class so far and I feel like I have learned and realized a lot about design and future work I would like to do. Even if I don't do design, I feel like this class has taught me how to work as a team more effectively and to get stuff done to the requirements of the projects.
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was interesting how you said you look at doors, stairs, buildings, and other things, and think about how you might change them for the better if their design is bad because I often find myself doing the same thing. For example, I think the desks in our class would be better if they were shaped as a rectangle.
Awesome! Keep up the interest and let me know if you want to talk about the program!
ReplyDelete