Monday, March 10, 2014

8 - Kyle Claussen

     I had never even heard of, or thought of, using the phrase "playing the whole game" with design. I know now that to get a good design, you need to test it and look for anything that can go wrong. People will always find the flaws in a design, even if you had no idea that they would even happen. Doing usability testing is just as important as having multiple sketches, because like Marty mentioned numerous times in class, one person testing the design is 100x better than nobody testing the design. I also learned that you do not need to be a world champion artist to do sketching. I have kind of developed a little more as an artist just by sketching out these designs, even if they still are not quite as good as they could be.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kyle. I completely agree. I had never thought of design as that difficult or even as something I would want to do. It is a lot more complex than I thought it would be. My previous thoughts on it was that you had to be very artistic and it was only for people who were good at drawing and using adobe software basically.
    My artistic skills are not the best either but I have also learned, like you said, that you don't have to be that great at drawing. The sketches just need to be clear enough to demonstrate your design. They do not need to be great masterpieces of art. I'm happy that they don't have to be appealing to the eye to get a good grade.
    Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete