Monday, March 10, 2014

8 - Adam Schultheis

Playing the whole game was a concept I had never heard before this class. I had been taught to "finish".  However, "playing the whole game" and "finishing" are two different things. Through the projects I learned that you can finish one and then get comments back and realize there were parts of the project that were not even known to be needed, but were also somewhat obvious. In project three I did not think that we would have needed multiple sketches to explain how the interface worked, but now I know that those do need to be sketched out so users can better understand the design.

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you said here! There is a definite difference between being done with a design (finishing) and playing the whole game. Playing the whole game means seeing the design process the whole way through which includes repetition and revision - nothing is perfect the first time it is done, especially design. This thought process can be applied to any type of work or skill, and it is definitely vital to great designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thoughts! Multiple sketches even help you iterate. Basically it's like: more sketches = more thought. Even if you don't intend to go into the design field, I don't think your future employer/s would mind this kind of thinking.

      Delete