Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2- Gabriel Herman

wikipedia.org
the opening page of wikipedia .org (where you choose your language) is obvious. When you look at it you will immediately know that you cannot read some of the words, but the one you can read is the word in your language, so you obviously click on it. The site is made in a way that the user will intuitivly know to click on what is familiar to them as a starting point to their adventure into knowledge.

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome observation. It makes me think of the way Google translate and sites like Leo.org designed their translation interface. In the past, whenever I had to translate something and I was in a hurry I generally just find the field with the language set to whatever I'm translating from and type the word there even if it is in the "translate to" field. Leo has since changed their site to accept either language of the set translation and Google has greyed out "translate to" field. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete