This class certainly taught me different ways to approach my school work. Beginning even with sketch-noting, I felt very out of my comfort zone. I have been used to traditional lectures where the professor will speak at the class and the class will vigorously try to write down every word that he says. The idea of notes that cover the idea of a topic rather than every specific word actually made it easier to remember.
I also discovered that focusing on the fail-faster aspect of a design is not as intimidating as I thought it would be. The idea that failure is a problem is one that has been instilled in my mind since I can remember when it comes to school work. When I was conducting my original usability tests on some of our first projects I was still hesitant that feedback was strictly negative and that not having a perfect idea right was a problem. It definitely took a while to get used to be I opened up to the idea that iterations of an idea are truly how to make the best product. This class definitely opened my eyes to a lot about being open with what I am doing and I plan to continue this even with my internship this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment