Monday, May 5, 2014

bonus blog assignment- Molly Kilbane


This class has definitely taught me how to take a risk. My biggest fear coming into this course was the sketching. I was not born with a lick of artistic skill. I like all of my 4 sisters were blessed with athleticism rather than any form of art.  I cannot sing, draw, and have zero rhythm so coming into the first class when we were instructed to get a sketchbook I was very skeptical. At this point I was considering dropping the course.
Little did I know there is plenty of ways to sketch even if you are not artistic. This course taught me to believe in myself and trust new styles of learning and note taking. I have really gained a lot of respect for the new style of note taking. It allowed me to remember and recollect a lot more of my thoughts in class.
I also learned that after believing some of these projects are very far fetched, they could be created into something realistic with a little creativity and imagination. This class allowed me to think and collaborate outside the box. I have always been a firm believer of you get what you receive. So I do believe in a lifestyle that gives back to people that have helped you or help the community that you have been surrounded with.
This year I have learned to get ahead of the game rather than procrastinate. I have also learned the importance of asking questions. I also plan on taking plenty of vacations because I still have YOUTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment